- Great Poet,
- Various skills,
- Master Piece,
- Genius and skill
Copyright (c) 2020 Kayalvizhy M
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Chekkizhar was a great poet in the medieval period of Tamil Nadu. He wrote his master piece work Periya Puranam which has considered as a greatest work in Tamil language. In this work the various skills of Chekkizhar has been exposed. He shows his mastery in the field of literature, fine art, medicine, law and history. As a chief minister of Chola empire he had various skills in the field politics, literature, art and architecture. He shows many of his skills in his work and for that his work is considered as a classical ever green master piece. Even though he wrote only one book it is enough to reveal his skills in the field of art. For that only he was compared with great scholars like Thiruvalluvar, Elangovadigal, and Kambar.
- Subramanya Mudaliar CK., (1937), Periya Purana, Coimbatore Tamil Sangam, Coimbatore.
- Subramanya Mudaliar CK., (1960), Chekkijar Semmanith Thiral, Coimbatore Tamil Sangam, Coimbatore.
- Mahadeva Mudaliar W., (1970), Great Mythological Research, Saiva Siddhanta Nurupathippuk Kazhagam, Chennai.
- Subramanya Pillai ka., (1963), History of Cheikh Swamis and Great Mythological Research, Saiva Siddhanta Nurupathippuk Kazhagam, Chennai.
- Rasamanikkam Pillai Ma., (2002), Great Mythological Research, Alamu Publishing, Chennai.
- Gnana Sammanthan AS., (1987), A Study of the Great Myth, Center for Philosophy, University of Tamil Nadu, Kanchipuram.